- Revenue for the second quarter of 2013 was $130.4 million, compared with $111.4 million for the same quarter one year ago. Revenue for the first half of 2013 was $236.6 million, compared with $209.3 million last year.
- Net income in the second quarter of 2013 was $8.3 million, compared with $7.4 million in the second quarter of 2012. For the first half, net income was $16.6 million, compared with $8.0 million a year ago.
- Quarterly earnings per share were $0.28, compared with $0.26 in the second quarter last year. First-half earnings per share were $0.57, compared with $0.28 in 2012. EPS in Q2 and first-half 2013 included a $0.07 one-time tax benefit associated with the prior period sale of government robots to the U.S. military, which were used outside of the U.S.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the second quarter of 2013 was $17.0 million, compared with $16.2 million in the second quarter of 2012. For the first half, Adjusted EBITDA was $32.3 million, compared with $22.3 million a year ago.
- Domestic revenue growth of 26 percent, coupled with international growth of 18 percent, fueled a 20 percent year-over-year increase in Home Robot revenue.
- Announced contracts from Brazil totaling $7.2 million and a $3.0 million order under a $30.0 million IDIQ from the U.S. Army during the quarter, which gives us confidence that we will achieve our full-year Defense & Security expectations.
- Announced a joint marketing agreement with Cisco to bring the enterprise-grade Ava 500 video collaboration robot to market, the second initiative of our Remote Presence business.
|Revenue||$124 - $128 million|
|Earnings Per Share||$0.20 - $0.25|
|Adjusted EBITDA||$14 - $17 million|
|Fiscal Year 2013:||Current||Prior|
|Revenue||$485 - $495 million||$485 - $495 million|
|Earnings Per Share||$0.88 - $1.00||$0.80 - $1.00|
|Adjusted EBITDA||$55 - $61 million||$55 - $61 million|
|Full-Year 2013 BU Revenue:|
|Home Robots||$435 - $440 million|
|Defense & Security Robots||$45 - $55 million|
|Date:||Wednesday, July 24, 2013|
|Time:||8:30 a.m. ET|