- Second quarter new first year orders of $2.4 million, compared to a near record $2.5 million in the second quarter of 2012
- Second quarter revenue of $11.8 million, an increase of 14.5% year-over-year, the Company’s 18th consecutive quarterly record in revenue
- Second quarter GAAP net income of $0.03 per share, a decrease of 30.0% year-over-year (1)
- Second quarter Non-GAAP net income of $0.04 per share, a decrease of 20.2% year-over-year (1)
- The Company generated approximately $2.5 million in cash flow from operations, a decrease of $2.5 million year-over-year
- Cash and cash equivalents totaled $26.3 million, an increase of $2.1 million compared to the Mar. 31, 2013, ending cash balance
- The year-over-year decline in earnings and cash flow was in line with public guidance and the expected result of increased investments in new products and sales and marketing
|$ in Millions, except per share and % data||Q2 2013||Q2 2012||% or $ Change (1)|
|GAAP Gross Profit||$||9.9||$||8.5||16.5||%|
|GAAP Net Income||$||1.9||$||2.6||(29.2||)%|
|GAAP Net Income Per Share – Diluted||$||0.03||$||0.04||(30.0||)%|
|Non-GAAP Adjusted Gross Profit (2)||$||10.0||$||8.6||16.6||%|
|Non-GAAP Adjusted Net Income (2)||$||2.5||$||3.1||(19.3||)%|
|Non-GAAP Adjusted Net Income Per Share-Diluted (2)||$||0.04||$||0.05||(20.2||)%|
|Adjusted EBITDA (2) (3)||$||2.9||$||3.5||(16.1||)%|
|Adjusted EBITDA Margin (2) (3)||24.5||%||33.5||%||9.0||pt|
|New First Year Orders||$||2.4||$||2.5||(2.7||)%|
|Bookings Backlog (4)||$||63.4||$||55.5||14.1||%|
|(1)||Changes are based on actuals versus numbers shown in the columns which may reflect rounding|
|(2)||A reconciliation of GAAP to Non-GAAP adjusted results is attached to this press release and is available on our investor relations Web site at http://investor.zixcorp.com|
|(3)||Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization|
|(4)||Service contract commitments that represent future revenue to be recognized as the services are provided|
- ZixCorp unveiled ZixOneTM, a unique bring-your-own-device (BYOD) secure mobile email app. ZixOne sets itself apart in the BYOD market by meeting the employees’ desire to use their own devices for work and maintain control and privacy while giving IT the ability to secure data and meet compliance needs. Other BYOD solutions, such as mobile device management and containerization, do not meet both employee wants and corporate needs. ZixOne is scheduled for commercial availability on Sept. 3, 2013.
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center selected ZixCorp® Email Encryption Services to provide secure email to 6,000 internal users, including physicians, nurses and departments such as financial services and information technology. ZixCorp's ease of use combined with its reputation in the healthcare industry made ZixCorp the right choice for Lahey Hospital & Medical Center.
- ZixCorp increased its competitive replacement wins in the first half of 2013 by 80% year-over-year.
- ZixCorp surpassed more than 1,900 U.S. financial services customers. In addition, ZixCorp Email Encryption remains the solution of choice for all U.S. federal financial regulators, divisions of the U.S. Treasury Department, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).