Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Travelers Companies ( TRV) as an unusual social activity candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Travelers Companies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TRV has more that 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.53 mentions/day.
- TRV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $150.5 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRV: The Travelers Companies, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides various commercial and personal property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses, government units, associations, and individuals primarily in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. TRV has a PE ratio of 12.8. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Travelers Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Travelers Companies has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Travelers Companies has a market cap of $31.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.96 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.44 days to cover. Shares are up 19% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Travelers Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, TRV is up 32.07% to its most recent closing price of 84.53. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The net income increased by 11.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $806.00 million to $896.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization.
- 35.19% is the gross profit margin for TRAVELERS COS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year.
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.