Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ:STX), a world leader in storage solutions, today announced it is shipping the world’s fastest hard drive— the Seagate ® Enterprise Turbo ™ SSHD. The industry’s first enterprise solid state hybrid drive (SSHD), the Enterprise Turbo SSHD combines the capacity of a hard drive with solid-state flash enabling high-speed performance for mission critical data.
The drive fine tunes storage tiering by caching at the I/O level, thereby addressing performance gaps and bottlenecks often found in tiered system environments. It also offers a self-encrypting drive option to maximize security for data-at-rest.Key features of the Seagate Enterprise Turbo SSHD include:
- World’s Fastest Enterprise Hard Drive— boasts ultra-fast speed with up to 3X the increase in random performance over standard 15K-RPM drives.
- Industry’s First Enterprise SSHD— delivers transparent SSD-like performance to most heavily accessed data.
- Ultimate Capacity— features up to 600GB of capacity— the highest enterprise performance drive available today.
- Affordably Priced— yields 3X the current mission critical HDD random performance at an HDD-comparable price.
- High-Reliability— provides enterprise endurance and reliability.