Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Walter Energy ( WLT) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 4.6%. By the end of trading, Walter Energy fell $0.20 (-1.5%) to $13.50 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5,264,946 shares of Walter Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,674,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.31-$13.86 after having opened the day at $13.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.70. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), down 12.3%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 9.2%, Ossen Innovation ( OSN), down 7.9% and China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Walter Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.