Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ariad Pharmaceuticals ( ARIA) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Ariad Pharmaceuticals fell $0.65 (-3.2%) to $19.37 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,644,441 shares of Ariad Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,695,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $19.25-$20.11 after having opened the day at $20.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.02. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 34.6%, Oxygen Biotherapeutics ( OXBT), down 23.9%, CEL-SCI Corporation ( CVM), down 17.1% and Senesco Technologies ( SNTI), down 12.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ariad Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.