Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Devon Energy ( DVN) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Devon Energy fell $0.60 (-1.0%) to $57.29 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,837,585 shares of Devon Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,182,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $57.11-$57.85 after having opened the day at $57.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.89. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), down 12.3%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 9.2%, Ossen Innovation ( OSN), down 7.9% and Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), down 7.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Devon Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.