Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. First Republic Bank (San Francisco CA ( FRC) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, First Republic Bank (San Francisco CA fell $0.71 (-1.6%) to $42.49 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,875,823 shares of First Republic Bank (San Francisco CA exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,245,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.48-$43.15 after having opened the day at $43.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.20. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Credit Suisse ( DSLV), down 15.1%, Berkshire Hills Bancorp ( BHLB), down 6.2%, Oak Ridge Financial Services ( BKOR), down 5.2% and First Community Corporation ( FCCO), down 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full First Republic Bank (San Francisco CA Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.