Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, MetLife rose $0.63 (1.3%) to $49.27 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,411,973 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,879,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.76-$49.38 after having opened the day at $48.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.64. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: National Security Group ( NSEC), up 7.2%, Independence Holding Company ( IHC), up 4.2%, Crawford & Company ( CRD.A), up 3.5% and Crawford & Company ( CRD.B), up 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.