Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Citigroup ( C) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Citigroup rose $0.64 (1.2%) to $52.99 on light volume. Throughout the day, 18,415,402 shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 30,450,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.16-$53.00 after having opened the day at $52.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.35. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: China HGS Real Estate ( HGSH), up 21.9%, China Housing & Land Development ( CHLN), up 13.8%, Amrep Corporation ( AXR), up 12.0% and Bank Bradesco ( BBDO), up 11.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.