Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cytec Industries ( CYT) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Cytec Industries rose $0.99 (1.3%) to $76.16 on average volume. Throughout the day, 609,125 shares of Cytec Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 675,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $75.23-$76.80 after having opened the day at $75.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.17. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Flexible Solutions International ( FSI), up 14.3%, Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 5.8%, Senomyx ( SNMX), up 5.5% and Taminco ( TAM), up 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cytec Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.