Every NAS device in the ReadyNAS product family supports SATA and SSD drives. In addition, each ReadyNAS features advanced on-box data protection in the form of unlimited snapshot capability, cloud-managed replication, and X-RAID2® automatic volume expansion. Finally, each unit showcases native encryption, enabling prosumer and business users to securely share, store, and protect sensitive data across their network.ReadyNAS provides customers with an advanced, easy-to-use solution for centralizing, securing, and controlling access to digital assets. What’s more, cloud-based discovery and file management through NETGEAR’s ReadyCLOUD™ simplifies the set-up experience and enables full ongoing management of data from any web-connected device. “ReadyNAS offers tremendous value because it provides us with snapshot protection for all our data which is critical to a successful business,” said Markus Friedl, sales director at Computer Company Computershop GesmbH, a solution provider in Austria ( www.comco.at). “With ReadyNAS, we get an advanced, easy-to-use solution that’s perfect for centralizing data from multiple locations whether we’re accessing it from a remote site or branch office, all at a price point that helps lower our overall operating cost.” The Growing ReadyNAS OS 6 Product Family With the addition of the 3220 and 4220 models, NETGEAR now has six innovative product lines in the ReadyNAS family all running on the revolutionary ReadyNAS operating system.
- The new 12-bay ReadyNAS 4220 is a 2U form factor for easy rack deployment in data center environments supporting 50 to 500 concurrent users. ReadyNAS 4220 is designed for high performance business environments with Gigabit infrastructures, where tasks involve copious amounts of data backed up to physical or virtual machines, servers, and databases. Available in two options which each have four Gigabit Ethernet ports, the Ready NAS 4220S offers two SFP+ 10G ports, while the ReadyNAS 4220X includes two 10GBase-T 10G ports. NETGEAR offers ReadyNAS 4220 in either diskless or populated editions.
- The new 12-bay ReadyNAS 3220 is a 2U form factor for easy rack deployment in small data center environments, ideal for supporting 26 to 250 concurrent users. ReadyNAS 3220 is ideal for businesses that require additional capacity but are concerned about value for performance. ReadyNAS 3220 comes either diskless or populated with drives.
- The four-bay ReadyNAS 2120 is a 1U form factor for easy rack deployment in small office environments, designed to service from five to 25 simultaneous users. ReadyNAS 2120 is available diskless or populated with drives.
- The six-bay ReadyNAS 500 Series (RN516xx) desktop model offers the highest performance in the desktop family and is designed for small to medium sized business networks supporting up to 250 concurrent users, and comes either diskless or populated with drives.
- The ReadyNAS 300 Series (RN312xx, RN314xx, RN316xx) is optimized for small business networks and remote or branch office needs, and offers two-bay, four-bay, and six-bay desktop models that are either diskless or populated with drives.
- The entry level ReadyNAS 100 Series (RN102xx, RN104xx) is designed for home use, and comes in two-bay and four-bay desktop models that are offered as either diskless or populated with drives.
Pricing and AvailabilityNETGEAR ReadyNAS 3220 and 4220 are now available worldwide through authorized NETGEAR PowerSHIFT channel partners ( http://powershift.netgear.com/) and a variety of e-commerce sites, at the following US pricing:
- ReadyNAS 3220 at a list price of $5,900
- ReadyNAS 4220S at a list price of $7,800
- ReadyNAS 4220X at a list price of $7,900