2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Tuesday includes the FHFA Housing Price Index for May at 9 a.m. EDT.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Monday gained as sluggish existing home sales and lower-than-expected earnings from McDonald's bolstered the outlook that the Federal Reserve is unlikely to begin curbing its stimulus measures in the near future. The S&P 500 rose 0.2% to close at 1,695.53 while the Dow Jones Industrial Average ended little changed at 15,545.55. The Nasdaq rose 0.4% to 3,600.39
4. -- Apple ( AAPL) is expected by Wall Street to report on Tuesday fiscal third-quarter earnings of $7.32 a share on revenue of $35.02 billion. Apple posted a profit of $9.32 a share in the year-earlier quarter on revenue of $35 billion. Apple is under scrutiny over whether it can re-energize the opinions of Wall Street and investors that the iPhone and iPod maker remains innovative and that its products are still relevant in the changing world of technologies.
5. -- Netflix ( NFLX), the online entertainment company, reported earnings on Monday that beat Wall Street estimates but subscriber numbers that fell short. Netflix reported earnings of 49 cents a share on revenue of $1.069 billion in the second quarter. Analysts expected Netflix to earn 40 cents a share on revenue of $1.07 billion. The company added 630,000 domestic streaming subscribers, and 610,000 international streaming subscribers, bringing Netflix's total to 29.84 million domestic streaming subscribers. Expectations on Wall Street called for Netflix to add 700,000 domestic streaming subscribers.
6. -- DuPont ( DD), the chemicals conglomerate, is expected by Wall Street to report on Tuesday second-quarter profit of $1.27 a share on revenue of $10 billion.
7. -- Shipping giant United Parcel Service ( UPS) is forecast to report earnings of $1.13 a share on second-quarter revenue of $13.59 billion. UPS pre-announced second-quarter earnings earlier this month, disappointing investors with a forecast that came in below Wall Street estimates. The company also lowered its profit forecast for the year as customers choose cheaper shipping options.
8. -- AT&T ( T), the second-largest cellphone carrier in the U.S., is expected by Wall Street to post second-quarter earnings on Tuesday of 68 cents a share on revenue of $31.81 billion.
9. -- Travelers ( TRV), the insurance giant and Dow component, is expected to post a second-quarter profit of $1.60 a share when it reports earnings before Tuesday's opening bell.
10. -- Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, sometimes known as Kate Middleton, gave birth to a boy on Monday. The child weighed 8 pounds, 6 ounces. His name wasn't revealed. The baby is third in line for the British throne. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.