- WHR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $154.3 million.
- WHR traded 44,590 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:28 AM.
- WHR is up 4.7% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WHR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WHR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WHR: Whirlpool Corporation engages in the manufacture and marketing of home appliances worldwide. The company's principal products include laundry appliances, refrigerators and freezers, cooking appliances, dishwashers, mixers, and other portable household appliances. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. WHR has a PE ratio of 17.3. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Whirlpool Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Whirlpool Corporation has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Whirlpool has a market cap of $9.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.47 and a short float of 2.7% with 1.66 days to cover. Shares are up 18.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Whirlpool Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 166.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 99.28% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WHR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- WHIRLPOOL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WHIRLPOOL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.06 versus $4.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.70 versus $5.06).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Household Durables industry average. The net income increased by 173.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $92.00 million to $252.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$305.00 million or 27.89% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WHIRLPOOL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -100.53%.
- You can view the full Whirlpool Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.