Publicis Groupe [EURONEXT PARIS: FR0000130577, CAC 40] and AOL Inc. [NYSE: AOL] today announced they will launch the industry’s first global live advertising partnership for today’s multi-screen marketing era – PAL (Publicis AOL Live). PAL will be co-managed by AOL and Publicis Groupe and will offer marketers an end-to-end solution to deliver and manage live advertising on a global basis to digitally connected consumers. Bob Lord, who will join AOL from Publicis Groupe on Aug. 1, will manage the partnership as part of his new role as CEO of AOL Networks. He will co-chair the partnership with three top Publicis Groupe executives: Rishad Tobaccowala, Chair of Razorfish/DigitasLBi; Laura Desmond, Chief Executive of Starcom MediaVest Group; and Tom Bernardin, Chief Executive of Leo Burnett Company. PAL, which will include dedicated employees from each company, will provide clients (advertisers and publishers) a full suite of live advertising services:
- Creative, planning, serving, syndication, measurement, analytics, and global windowing distribution;
- Content creation within AOL’s ecosystem of brands, content partners and syndication network, reaching more than 223 million global AOL consumers and hundreds of millions of global consumers through the AOL Networks;
- Real-time consumer connection tools and metrics;
- Four-screen distribution (Mobile, Tablet, Desktop, Smart TV) including connected over-the-top (OTT) devices, including direct OTT connections with major global device companies; and
- A set of leverage-able technology platforms spanning all Publicis Groupe companies and the AOL Live, AOL On and Be On platforms. These platforms will have the combined ability to reach more than 1 billion video views a month and 100 billion web impressions.
PAL will move the partnership from testing to the development of a global platform that will offer live advertising to all Publicis Groupe clients through the exclusive partnership for the first six months, beginning on the launch date of the partnership, currently anticipated to be Sept. 1.PAL will operate in New York and Paris and will hold a live advertising symposium during 2013 Advertising Week in New York City. About Publicis Groupe Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40] is one of the world’s leading communications groups. We offer the full range of services and skills: digital (DigitasLBi, Razorfish, Rosetta, VivaKi), creative services (BBH, Leo Burnett, Publicis Worldwide, Saatchi & Saatchi), public affairs, corporate communications and events (MSLGROUP), media strategy, planning and buying (Starcom MediaVest Group and ZenithOptimedia) and healthcare communications, with Publicis Healthcare Communications Group (PHCG). Present in 108 countries, the Groupe employs 60,000 professionals. www.publicisgroupe.com|Twitter:@PublicisGroupe| Facebook: www.facebook.com/publicisgroupe Viva la Difference ! About AOL AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) is a brand company, committed to continuously innovating, growing, and investing in brands and experiences that inform, entertain, and connect the world. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions. Site Web : http://www.aol.com | Twitter: @AOL