Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Amphenol ( APH) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Amphenol fell $8.22 (-9.7%) to $76.35 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,217,701 shares of Amphenol exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 652,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $76.00-$79.00 after having opened the day at $78.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $84.57. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: Gilat Satellite Networks ( GILT), down 13.2%, Fairchild Semiconductor International ( FCS), down 10.8%, Affymetrix ( AFFX), down 9.8% and WPCS International ( WPCS), down 9.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Amphenol Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.