Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tesoro Corporation ( TSO) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Tesoro Corporation fell $2.00 (-3.8%) to $51.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,817,911 shares of Tesoro Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,699,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $50.86-$53.93 after having opened the day at $53.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.10. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 22.8%, Kimber Resources ( KBX), down 14.6%, Methes Energies International ( MEIL), down 13.5% and Sherwin-Williams Company ( SHW), down 8.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Tesoro Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.