Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Siemens ( SI) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Siemens rose $1.53 (1.4%) to $107.90 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 643,567 shares of Siemens exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 383,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $106.85-$108.24 after having opened the day at $106.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $106.37. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Zhone Technologies ( ZHNE), up 63.4%, Deltathree ( DDDC), up 12.5%, MERU Networks ( MERU), up 7.7% and Alaska Communications Systems Group ( ALSK), up 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Siemens Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.