Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Walgreen Company ( WAG) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Walgreen Company rose $0.81 (1.6%) to $50.54 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 12,369,971 shares of Walgreen Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,231,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.62-$51.45 after having opened the day at $49.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.73. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Overstock.com ( OSTK), up 22.4%, SUPERVALU ( SVU), up 16.8%, China Jo-Jo Drugstores ( CJJD), up 12.5% and U.S. Auto Parts Network ( PRTS), up 8.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Walgreen Company Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.