Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Weyerhaeuser ( WY) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Weyerhaeuser rose $0.33 (1.1%) to $29.60 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,526,685 shares of Weyerhaeuser exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,224,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $29.29-$29.67 after having opened the day at $29.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.27. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Tri-Tech ( TRIT), up 5.0%, Universal Forest Products ( UFPI), up 4.8%, Granite Construction ( GVA), up 4.7% and Skyline Corporation ( SKY), up 4.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Weyerhaeuser Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.