Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TripAdvisor ( TRIP) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, TripAdvisor rose $1.18 (1.9%) to $62.27 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,262,965 shares of TripAdvisor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,009,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $61.50-$62.97 after having opened the day at $61.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.09. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Deltathree ( DDDC), up 12.5%, SINA Corporation ( SINA), up 8.2%, MeetMe ( MEET), up 7.3% and Sify Technologies ( SIFY), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full TripAdvisor Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.