Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Prudential Financial ( PRU) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial rose $1.46 (1.9%) to $78.52 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,782,693 shares of Prudential Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,970,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.48-$78.64 after having opened the day at $77.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.06. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), up 5.2%, Lincoln National Corp (Radnor ( LNC), up 4.0%, Symetra Financial Corporation ( SYA), up 3.6% and Baldwin & Lyons ( BWINA), up 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.