Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. WellPoint ( WLP) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, WellPoint rose $2.00 (2.4%) to $86.43 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,137,160 shares of WellPoint exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,925,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $85.18-$87.08 after having opened the day at $85.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $84.43. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Transition Therapeutics ( TTHI), up 38.5%, Ocera Therapeutics ( OCRX), up 32.5%, Stereotaxis ( STXS), up 21.5% and Biosante Pharmaceuticals ( BPAX), up 9.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full WellPoint Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.