Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Allstate ( ALL) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Allstate rose $1.05 (2.1%) to $52.08 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,104,229 shares of Allstate exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,487,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.25-$52.38 after having opened the day at $51.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.03. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: China HGS Real Estate ( HGSH), up 22.4%, First Marblehead Corporation ( FMD), up 10.2%, OptimumBank Holdings ( OPHC), up 10.0% and First Community Corporation ( FCCO), up 9.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Allstate Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.