Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Actavis ( ACT) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Actavis rose $2.27 (1.9%) to $124.35 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,250,461 shares of Actavis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,714,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $122.04-$125.32 after having opened the day at $122.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $122.08. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Transition Therapeutics ( TTHI), up 38.5%, Ocera Therapeutics ( OCRX), up 32.5%, Biosante Pharmaceuticals ( BPAX), up 9.3% and Celsion Corporation ( CLSN), up 7.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Actavis Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.