Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. International Business Machines ( IBM) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, International Business Machines rose $3.44 (1.8%) to $197.99 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,311,696 shares of International Business Machines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,248,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $195.99-$200.94 after having opened the day at $198.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $194.55. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Performance Technologies ( PTIX), up 10.0%, Radcom ( RDCM), up 8.5%, Mad Catz Interactive ( MCZ), up 7.5% and Silicon Graphics International ( SGI), up 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full International Business Machines Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.