Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, General Motors rose $0.46 (1.2%) to $36.82 on light volume. Throughout the day, 10,170,845 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,407,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.33-$36.99 after having opened the day at $36.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.36. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Orbital Corporation ( OBT), up 9.3%, Johnson Controls ( JCI), up 8.3%, Hyster-Yale Materials Handling ( HY), up 4.7% and Federal-Mogul ( FDML), up 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.