Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Intuitive Surgical ( ISRG) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Intuitive Surgical as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ISRG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $441.8 million.
- ISRG is down 2.9% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ISRG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ISRG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ISRG: Intuitive Surgical, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets da Vinci surgical systems, and related instruments and accessories. ISRG has a PE ratio of 24.8. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Intuitive Surgical a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Intuitive Surgical has been 426,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Intuitive Surgical has a market cap of $17.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.02 and a short float of 5.1% with 1.87 days to cover. Shares are down 15.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Intuitive Surgical as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ISRG has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.51, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- INTUITIVE SURGICAL INC has improved earnings per share by 30.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, INTUITIVE SURGICAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $15.96 versus $12.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($17.53 versus $15.96).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 31.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $143.50 million to $188.90 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 54.95% to $258.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, INTUITIVE SURGICAL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -32.13%.
- You can view the full Intuitive Surgical Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.