Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified SanDisk ( SNDK) as an unusual social activity candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified SanDisk as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SNDK has more that 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 9.81 mentions/day.
- SNDK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $204.1 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNDK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNDK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SNDK: Sandisk Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets flash storage card products that are used in various consumer electronics products. SNDK has a PE ratio of 31.0. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate SanDisk a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for SanDisk has been 3.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SanDisk has a market cap of $14.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.62 and a short float of 3.1% with 2.19 days to cover. Shares are up 36.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SanDisk as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SNDK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although SNDK's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.24 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, SNDK has a quick ratio of 2.12, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Computers & Peripherals industry. The net income increased by 45.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $114.39 million to $166.23 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 605.11% to $473.65 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SANDISK CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.21%.
- 44.33% is the gross profit margin for SANDISK CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.39% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full SanDisk Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.