- MS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $451.9 million.
- MS traded 41,943 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:25 AM.
- MS is up 2.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MS: Morgan Stanley, a financial holding company, provides various financial products and services to corporations, governments, financial institutions, and individuals worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. MS has a PE ratio of 47.7. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Morgan Stanley a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Morgan Stanley has been 18.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Morgan Stanley has a market cap of $52.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 2.45 and a short float of 2.1% with 1.68 days to cover. Shares are up 38% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Morgan Stanley as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 1123.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$94.00 million to $962.00 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1080.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 85.01% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- MORGAN STANLEY reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MORGAN STANLEY reported lower earnings of $0.00 versus $1.16 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an increase in earnings to $2.04 from $0.00.
- The gross profit margin for MORGAN STANLEY is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.23%. Regardless of MS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.26% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Morgan Stanley Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.