Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has been awarded the 2013 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific ICT Award for datacenter services provider of the year. Equinix was specifically recognized for its market-leading revenue growth and commitment to expanding its services in the region. Highlights/Key Facts
- Equinix was awarded the Datacenter Service Provider of the Year based on four key criteria: revenue growth, Asia-Pacific strategy and investment, regional and global footprint, and commitment to innovation, specifically around green technology.
- Equinix is experiencing high demand for its data center and interconnection services in the Asia-Pacific region from network services providers and financial services firms, as well as cloud service providers and content and digital media companies. At the end of 2012, Equinix had more than 1,000 customers in the Asia-Pacific region of which 60 percent are multiregional deployments. Specifically, Equinix witnessed strong demand from network service providers and the financial services industry, which together accounted for more than 40 percent of its revenues in 2012. Demand from content and media companies also increased, as they leveraged Equinix’s expanding network of data centers across the region. Cloud service providers and Systems Integrators (SIs) emerged as a growing vertical for the company as well.
- With approximately one million square feet of raised floor space across the region, Equinix has established vast business ecosystems of customers in Asia-Pacific. This is enabling companies to directly connect with their customers and partners to improve application performance, generate new revenue opportunities and accelerate their digital supply chain.
- Equinix recently announced plans to open its first International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) in Osaka, its fourth IBX in Ōtemachi, Tokyo, as well as build its third facility in Singapore (SG3). In addition, the company expanded into Cibitung, Indonesia in May 2013 in partnership with PT Data Center Infrastructure Indonesia (PT DCI), launched the fifth phase of its SG2 data center and completed the second phase of its fifth IBX facility in Shanghai.
- In addition to data centers and interconnection services, Equinix also provides access to the Equinix Marketplace™, an online directory of service providers that allows over 4,000 companies on Platform Equinix™ to identify suppliers, partners and customers to do business with.
- Mayank Kapoor, industry manager – Data Center and Cloud Computing, Asia Pacific ICT Practice, Frost & Sullivan:“Equinix has demonstrated the ability to successfully execute on its Asia-Pacific strategy, leading the region to emerge as the fastest growing market for the company. With a mix of organic and inorganic growth along with significant investments across key markets, Equinix witnessed increased adoption from financial services, content and digital media companies, and cloud service providers. The company’s leading customer vertical in 2012 was network providers and carriers.”
- Samuel Lee, president, Equinix Asia-Pacific:“Equinix is thrilled to be the recipient of this significant accolade from Frost & Sullivan. The award validates our Asia-Pacific strategy to enable companies throughout the region to accelerate growth by directly connecting to customers, partners and potential business partners around the world via our data centers. We look forward to further opportunities to expand our data centers and interconnection services to additional Asia-Pacific markets in the future.”
- Press release: Equinix Invests $43M to Develop Fourth Data Center in Tokyo
- Press release: Equinix Announces Significant Expansion to Increase Data Center Capacity in Singapore
- Blog: Shanghai Bolsters Data Center Hub as Demand Spikes
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.