Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, American Express fell $1.47 (-1.9%) to $76.80 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 16,168,957 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,459,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $74.62-$77.45 after having opened the day at $75.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.27. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Piper Jaffray Cos ( PJC), down 5.9%, FBR ( FBRC), down 4.2%, Cohen & Steers ( CNS), down 3.8% and QIWI PLC ADR ( QIWI), down 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.