Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Mattel ( MAT) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Mattel fell $3.17 (-6.8%) to $43.16 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 11,683,016 shares of Mattel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,849,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.80-$44.45 after having opened the day at $42.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.33. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Emerson Radio ( MSN), down 9.0%, Furniture Brands International ( FBN), down 3.6%, Stanley Furniture Company ( STLY), down 3.5% and Hasbro ( HAS), down 2.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Mattel Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.