Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Kinross Gold Corporation ( KGC) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Kinross Gold Corporation fell $0.14 (-2.8%) to $4.96 on light volume. Throughout the day, 8,941,782 shares of Kinross Gold Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,714,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $4.95-$5.34 after having opened the day at $5.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.10. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: SMF Energy Corporation ( FUEL), down 21.1%, Golden Star Resources ( GSS), down 10.0%, Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), down 9.1% and Quaterra Resources ( QMM), down 9.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Kinross Gold Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.