Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Southwest Airlines ( LUV) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Southwest Airlines rose $0.25 (1.9%) to $13.65 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,055,280 shares of Southwest Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,140,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.16-$13.80 after having opened the day at $13.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.40. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Excel Maritime Carriers ( EXM), up 20.0%, Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), up 17.2%, Genco Shipping & Trading ( GNK), up 9.1% and United Continental Holdings ( UAL), up 8.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Southwest Airlines Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.