Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. News Corporation ( NWSA) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, News Corporation rose $0.61 (4.0%) to $15.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 13,408,331 shares of News Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,899,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.29-$15.96 after having opened the day at $15.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.28. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Emmis Communications ( EMMS), up 8.7%, Ku6 Media ( KUTV), up 7.5%, VisionChina Media ( VISN), up 7.0% and Dolan ( DM), up 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full News Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.