Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Medtronic ( MDT) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Medtronic rose $0.88 (1.6%) to $54.40 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,053,860 shares of Medtronic exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,058,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $53.92-$54.78 after having opened the day at $54.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.52. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: Organovo Holdings ( ONVO), up 16.4%, Bovie Medical Corporation ( BVX), up 11.4%, BG Medicine ( BGMD), up 9.9% and Synergetics USA ( SURG), up 9.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Medtronic Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.