Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BlackRock ( BLK) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, BlackRock rose $3.94 (1.5%) to $272.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,073,406 shares of BlackRock exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 835,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $268.15-$272.29 after having opened the day at $268.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $268.35. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Millennium India Acquisition Corporation ( SMCG), up 62.5%, Siebert Financial Corporation ( SIEB), up 7.4%, Diamond Hill Investment Group ( DHIL), up 5.3% and Encore Capital Group ( ECPG), up 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full BlackRock Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.