Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Leucadia National Corporation ( LUK) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Leucadia National Corporation rose $0.39 (1.4%) to $27.35 on light volume. Throughout the day, 902,440 shares of Leucadia National Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,493,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.96-$27.38 after having opened the day at $27.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.96. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that increased today were: Dow Chemical ( DOW), up 2.2% and Dex Media ( DXM), up 1.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Leucadia National Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.