Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPG Industries ( PPG) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, PPG Industries rose $2.02 (1.3%) to $156.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 645,623 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 693,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $155.38-$156.93 after having opened the day at $155.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $154.84. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company ( DD), up 5.3%, REX American Resources ( REX), up 5.1%, Flexible Solutions International ( FSI), up 4.8% and Methes Energies International ( MEIL), up 4.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PPG Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.