Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Linn Energy ( LINE) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Linn Energy rose $2.48 (9.9%) to $27.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,511,999 shares of Linn Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,427,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.02-$27.52 after having opened the day at $26.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.01. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Kimber Resources ( KBX), up 24.1%, USEC ( USU), up 18.8%, Energy XXI ( EXXI), up 14.5% and Camac Energy ( CAK), up 11.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Linn Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.