Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Wells Fargo ( WFC) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Wells Fargo rose $0.49 (1.1%) to $43.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 23,844,053 shares of Wells Fargo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 20,867,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.17-$43.88 after having opened the day at $43.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.02. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Broadway Financial ( BYFC), up 16.1%, Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania ( RBPAA), up 15.0%, Old Second Bancorp ( OSBC), up 12.6% and Credit Suisse ( DSLV), up 10.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Wells Fargo Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.