BURLINGTON, Mass., July 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MicroFinancial Incorporated (Nasdaq:MFI), a financial intermediary specializing in vendor-based leasing and finance programs for microticket transactions, today announced financial results for the second quarter and the six months ended June 30, 2013. Quarterly Highlights:
- Net income was $2.5 million or $0.17 per diluted share which compares to $2.6 million or $0.18 per diluted share in the same period last year;
- Cash received from customers was $32.8 million or $2.22 per diluted share which represents an increase of 9.0% as compared to the same period last year;
- Revenue increased by 6.7% to $15.7 million as compared to the same period last year;
- Net charge-offs declined 10.5% to $3.9 million as compared to the same period last year;
- The Company was able to repurchase 82,169 shares under the buyback program; and
- The Company paid a cash dividend of $0.06 per share.