NEW YORK, July 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. SM (Nasdaq:NDAQ) announces the appointment of nine directors to The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC, NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC, and NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc. Boards. Directors serve a one-year term. The name and title of directors appointed to the Boards of The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC, NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC and NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc. are highlighted below:
- Leonard J. Amoruso, Executive Vice President of KCG Holdings, Inc
- Daniel Bigelow, President and Managing Partner of Monadnock Capital Management L.P
- Michael J. Curran, retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Boston Stock Exchange
- Merit E. Janow, Dean, Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs
- William M. Lyons, retired President and Chief Executive Officer, American Century Companies, Inc.
- John D. Markese, Vice Chairman, American Association of Individual Investors
- A. Douglas Melamed, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Intel Corporation
- Eric W. Noll, Executive Vice President, Transaction Services, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.
- Wendy S. White, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, University of Pennsylvania
CONTACT: NASDAQ OMX Media Contact Joe Christinat +1.646.441.5121 Joseph.Christinat@NASDAQOMX.com