Sempra Energy ( SRE) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Sempra Energy fell $1.11 (-1.3%) to $84.35 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,151,166 shares of Sempra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,333,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $84.02-$85.58 after having opened the day at $85.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.46. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Beacon Power ( BCON), down 7.1%, Inergy L.P ( NRGY), down 3.3%, Companhia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado De ( SBS), down 2.4% and Aqua America ( WTR), down 2.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Sempra Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.