Trinity Industries ( TRN) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Trinity Industries fell $0.72 (-1.9%) to $36.64 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,035,480 shares of Trinity Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,193,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.64-$37.68 after having opened the day at $37.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.36. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: TOP Ships ( TOPS), down 8.4%, Covenant Transportation Group ( CVTI), down 8.1%, Excel Maritime Carriers ( EXM), down 7.0% and Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), down 5.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Trinity Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.