Monsanto Company ( MON) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Monsanto Company fell $1.69 (-1.6%) to $101.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,719,897 shares of Monsanto Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,714,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $101.40-$103.50 after having opened the day at $103.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $103.27. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Axiall ( AXLL), down 21.8%, Methes Energies International ( MEIL), down 11.3%, Koppers Holdings ( KOP), down 7.9% and Flexible Solutions International ( FSI), down 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Monsanto Company Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.