Dow Chemical ( DOW) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical fell $0.43 (-1.2%) to $33.97 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,985,388 shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,027,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.82-$34.51 after having opened the day at $34.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.40. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), down 39.5%, Cubic Energy ( QBC), down 33.3%, Axiall ( AXLL), down 21.8% and Methes Energies International ( MEIL), down 11.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.