CSX ( CSX) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, CSX rose $0.30 (1.2%) to $24.64 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,880,195 shares of CSX exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,108,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $24.31-$24.72 after having opened the day at $24.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.34. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Era Group ( ERA), up 25.1%, XPO Logistics ( XPO), up 9.5%, Ultrapetrol Bahamas ( ULTR), up 8.6% and Global Ship Lease ( GSL), up 7.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CSX Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.