MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, MGIC Investment Corporation rose $0.11 (1.8%) to $6.11 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,286,563 shares of MGIC Investment Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,539,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $5.94-$6.14 after having opened the day at $6.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.00. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Altis Resident ( RESI), up 19.4%, Pathfinder Bancorp ( PBHC), up 18.3%, Doral Financial ( DRL), up 10.5% and First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), up 8.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full MGIC Investment Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.